Children love books and reading is a human right! Less than 5% of African schools have libraries and those which do are face poorly stocked shelves and a staff shortage. Royalafrican Art Foundation is a non-profit organization finds it appropriate to create a safe space where children can have access to books, reading materials and tutors from the community. Books and reading need not be a luxury but an essential right because having access to books and reading materials in a safe environment can make a massive difference in the life of the kids and their poor communities.
This project is seen as a long term plan which will have a big impact first on the Majanji community and will hopefully be copied by other communities in the region. Below are a some of our planned activities:
- A domain name (majanji.com) has been registered for this project and a website for the project will be set up backed up with social media accounts.
- Web platform and social media will be used extensively to o promote reading through an interactive web, social media, reading tablets
- This iniatiative will be in contact with like minded reading initiatives in Africa and beyond to share experiences and learn.
- This project aims to educate, nourish and support the local kids to become writers, bloggers, vloggers, illustrators, editors and translators. We will provide a skills register
- Royalafrican.org promises to work in a transparent and honest manner in terms of accountability and the responsibilities of good governance.
Need Help to Donate?
No problem. Call us now
Or email us :
Donate online safely
All payments on Royalafrican.org are encrypted and transmitted securely with a SSL protocol.